Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hacking Windows

Hacking Windows
1) Grab Axe with both hands...
2) Choose window...
3) Swing axe
My sister took-off with my beloved camera to Taiwan, so this post is gonna be wordy...

I found an old book underneath my bed while spring-cleaning... and before I throw it away, I thought I can share it with my friends here...

Disclaimer: I am NOT an expert in computer / hacking... I am just copying word for word from the book titled - "Ethical Hacking". Hackers or computer experts, please move on~

By the way, the below works with Windows 95 and Windows 98 (that's why I am throwing it away since everyone is at XP or Vista already...) so for those whose office computer is still in their ancient era, this might help~)

Windows asking you for a password before you log in is already common-thing and we’re so used to it. But if you are so messed up that you don’t even remember your own password, here is how you can get pass it.

***

WINDOWS LOGIN PASSWORDS
After this hack, you will know why a hacker running Windows is considered to be lame and why a hacker laughs whenever someone says “Microsoft” and “Security” in the same sentence.

To hack the Windows login password, reboot and wait for the message:

“Starting Windows 9x…”

When you see this on the screen, press F8. The boot menu will come up. Select option 7, to boot into DOS. Then go to the Windows directory by typing:

C:\>cd windows

Then, rename all files with the extension .pwl by typing the following command:

C:\windows>ren *.pwl *.xyz

Or, delete them by typing:

C:windows>del *.pwl *.xyz

Now, when the Window password login pops up, you can write anything in the place where the password has to be typed. As you have renamed (or deleted – although renaming them would be better as the victim will not know that his PC has been tampered with) the password files, Windows cannot find that file, so when you enter a password, Windows just takes it as the original password.

***
That's all! Simple!
Of course, the critical button here is that F8 key, which can be disabled. But I am not telling since it involved meddling dangerously with the sensitive MSDOS system file.

No comments: