Thursday, January 10, 2008

27th December 2007 in Taiwan

LEOFOO VILLAGE THEME PARK (六福村主题游乐园)~

First thing we did is to get this photo taken...
(got this outfit yesterday evening at the shopping district... managed to convince the guys to wear the same thing together for some silly fun today~ hee hee)
See this castle? Reminds you of Disney Castle? No?
Then take a look at their mascot... (scanned from pamphlet)
(think Mickey Mouse + Minnie Mouse, chop off the head, replaced with Monkey head)
Their attractions map even resembles the Japan's Disney land! OMG... rip off!
Anyways, here's a picture of me doing a daring stunt between a Crocodile's Jaws... we started fooling around the moment we entered the place... hohoho...

Queueing for a tram-ride = got time to pose for pictures~
So, when 2 好人appears in front of you, who will you pick?
and the tram arrives~
We entered the "Zoo" area. All I could smell is the stench of the SHIT coming from below... (No, it doesn't help to say "Dung" even if it sounds nicer~). Nothing worth photoshooting over... its the Rhinos, Camels, Deers, Mountain Goats, etc... and the smell of SHIT~~~~~~~
Next, we were waiting for our turn to take the bus to enter the "Carnivore compound"... so I took a shot of the chicken below... beautiful isn't she? (Or its a He? Ah~ watever, as long as they're tasty...)
and various enclosures of all sorts of species if monkeys... I was laughing uncontrollably at this pair of monkeys... it was pushing its arse into the face of the other...
oh~ and this adorable chicken! It was following us from over the fence... left to right, right to left... never tried this species before... think they taste just as nice~
Behold~! The Baboon with the biggest ass! So large he could simply sit on it like a stool.... Looks like a gigantic chinese peach isn't it? Adorable~ hahaha

The carnivore enclosure doesn't offer much action... its a hot morning, and the Poohs, Tiggers and Simbas were "nuahing" in the shade... (what do you expect?) I was bored to tears... Yawn~~~

Next, gramp tour guide took the whole group to ride the Merry-Go-Round... (I was busy eating my gigantic piece of 炸鸡排 + 可乐... cost NT$80).
Next ride was an interesting "Ring of Fire".... goes 360 degrees, stops upside-down at some point and turns the other way round down.... I took the ride! Fun! Wait till I get my hands on the picture...

Oh, here's an "Octopus" ride...
I was swung around, up and down, upside-down and downside-up...
Below.... "Pagoda of Revenge"... this has got to be the scariest ride I have take thus far...
Goes all~~~~~~ the way up....
I was commenting of the nice view up there.... and Kokuhen was like "I have no mood to enjoy... I can't believe I am taking this ride with you guys..."
and we went "oooooOOOOOOO..... Shiat~!!!!" ...the cabin plunges down so fast, I didn't even have time to finish my yell... Oh man! I was free falling so fast, both my legs floated up! It was totally beyond my expectations!

No way I am going up again! Geez!
Next, "Screaming Condor". It goes up one end....
and spirals up the other end...
This is another ride which I went "Oh shiaaaaaaaaaaaaaat~!!!!". This ride was super fast! So fast I had to yell.
I can yawn in Roller Coasters... but this speed beats the record.
Managed to spot me yet? No? (4th row from behind)
Here's a zoom-in...
and another zoom-in...
Next, "Sneaky Pete's Hideout". One word - WET. Some buggers were hogging the ponchos, so we took the ride with only 1 poncho to share amongst the 9 of us...

This was also another ride we went "Oh SHIT!". There were cannons bombing into the water... water rapids... and a goddamn WATERFALL! We were having a hell of a time yelling and yelling over the water splashing onto us... the ultimate was the waterfall... dammit! I came out with half my top and jeans soaked! Hahaha~
Photo taken from the camera overhead... (yea, I was watching at the wrong camera...) NT$100 a piece... buy one, scan and distribute... heehee

After a wet ride, its a great idea to go for a spin in this toot-toot train... shirt-drying~ wakakaka...



Almost 3pm and we were heading for 深坑豆腐老街, famous for its (Smelly) Tofu delights...

Out coach passed by this place... and I snapped a picture of it.... no idea what it is, but still under construction... very beautiful architecture.

oh, and here's another picture of the Betal Nuts Beauties. Coach was at a red-light, so right beside it is such a store...

SHEN KEN TOFU STREET (深坑豆腐老街)
Bustling with life! Lotsa goodies to try... and the "aroma" of Smelly Tofu was in the air... Kokuhen and Jerry had disappeared by now... screaming "AOE! AOE!" (Area of Effect), and getting over the opposite street to explore...
First store to greet us was this... hmmm, bearable lah~~ I tried 臭豆腐 the day before already, so I decided to gave it a pass...
and I strolled further into the street... Jiawoei had disappeared into a 臭豆腐 restaurant for a pot already... I bought a 鸡蛋冰 along the way and some soft rice cakes for munch. Nice~

further in, MORE 臭豆腐 stalls...
and this is as close as I could get to the pot... (+ camera zoom in), dun wanna get my clothes smoked with the smell.... Eeewww~
TAIPEI 101... it isn't part of the itinery; this is as near as I got, and I have no intention to head there either. Besides, you wouldn't be able to photo the entire building when you are right below it, right? And I reckon there is probably nothing I would wanna spend money on from the shops inside...
Oh! Shop with an interesting name...
WU FEN PU FASHION STREET (五份浦 - 成衣批发街)
Readers take note, this place is probably the place you should spend most your money in.

9 out of 10 shops sells fashionable girls clothing, at super affordable prices, since they do wholesale... below is a 10secs video clip I took of the street... (the girls tending the shop are so "TEH~")



and pictures of the street scene. (Think Bugis Village x 10 times the size). We guys were naturally bored since very few stores sells guys stuff... Jeans went as low as NT$390 there (S$20).

Only reason that kept us going were the very fashionable and cute 美眉s around! Below's a common dressing style in Taipei (for winter?). (Notice I was able to keep the backgrounds in motion-blur but maintained focused on the girl? Yep, dummy cameras CAN do this, if you know how).
and when you politely ask, they will gladly pose for you~ (^ __ ^)>

*Yes, as a guy, you got to be thick-skin! Dun be afraid of rejection. Although ppl will laugh at you, you will get the last laugh when you get the girl... muahaha*
and here's a shop selling guy's clothes. Finally~ the guys went in... and I was still admiring the girls outside the shop... heh heh~
Clothes were kept inside these plastic bags and displayed like this...

1 for NT$680 (S$34) and 2 for NT$1000 (S$50). You should haggle for the prices here... and you should be able to bring it down further. Unfortunately... all the tops displayed here are winter-wears... all sweaters - not practical back in Singapore... sadz~
Evening, we arrived at...
RAOHE STREET NIGHT MARKET (饶河街观光夜市)
Surprisingly, clothes were very very cheap here too! And fashionable as well! Definitely can spend more here! Especially Jackets! Blazers!
Welcome~ let 好人 show you around~
The tour group went for this 程班长牛肉面 (some famous Beef Intestinal Noodles); tour guide recommends.. says usually got to queue very long to eat... nah~ I gave it a miss. I have absolutely no interest for intestinal and organs food.So Kokuhen, Jerry, and I looked around the street for a decent place for dinner...
First time eating Teppanyakki~! The chef treated us to a display of his splendid grilling skills and made us some of the best grilled food I've ever eaten! Yummy!
and~ we finally arrived at our final hotel... Sun Dynasty 5 Star Hotel. Here's where I will spend the next 3 nights... and where I will be discharging my Air Gun's extra 100 pellets... on the guys... muahahaha~

No comments: