Friday, October 10, 2008

Street Fighter IV

Street Fighter IV
After like almost 20 years into the series... we see Street Fighter 4 making its way to your local arcade, PS3, and Xbox...

Sakura’s performance


Akuma (Gouki)'s performance


TGS 2008 Trailer



Chun Li CG Trailer


Q: If you've got no time, at least watch Chun Li's one. She's still beautiful, though, if considering Chun Li's character was perhaps 17 years old when the developers created her some 20 years ago...

Oh by the way, I'll let my readers know a little bit into me... First time I came across the Street Fighter series of K.O. game was at a Pasar Malam (Night Bazaar/Fair) at the void deck opposite my block. Yes, there were video games in Pasar Malam during those times. I think I was some 10 years old then... and my brother and me queued like so long behind hordes of neighbourhood kids before we got our turn to play that game. With the same hordes of kids right behind our backs watching us play.

My brother chose Ryu and I chose Ken (he always gets to choose first...); but that was what most kids behind us were screaming us to select, and both characters have exactly the same moves anyways. Ken became my trademark character, and the Street Fighter series slowly evolved to the stage where Ryu was designed as a "heavy-weight strong moves but rigid character", while Ken Masters was the "highly flexible moves but medium attack strength" character. I love Ken Masters, and I sorta have an affinity with the "Ken" name...

Anyways, I reckon most readers my age and younger would have probably only played from Street Fighter 2 onwards. And whoever actually "graduated" from this "School" would have probably learnt the foundations to play ANY game after that.

I am pretty proud to say I've played Street Fighter before. Yes, thats part ONE for you. Can't remember much beyond 20 over years ago.

Here's the list of evolution of the series:
Street Fighter (part one)
Street Fighter 2: World Warriors (only 8 characters with 4 NPC bosses)
Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition (all 12 characters playable)...
Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting (all 12 characters playable, replicate enabled)...
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers (4 new Characters)
Super Street Fighter 2: Grand Master Challenge (with new "Super Combo" gauge and Akuma)
Street Fighter Zero/Alpha (supposedly the younger versions of Ryu and Ken; Ken had LONG hair. The gameplay was extended from the "Street Figher 2: The Animated Movie", where it was shown how Ryu got that red headband from Ken).
Street Fighter Zero 2 / Alpha 2 (more actions, basically)
Street Fighter EX (some 3D versions and lotsa new characters)
Street Fighter 3: The New Generation
Street Fighter EX Plus
Street Fighter Zero 3 / Alpha 3
Street Fighter EX 2
Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Street Fighter EX 2 Plus
Street Fighter EX 3

You know wat? I've long given up...

No comments: