Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NOVEMBER 2008: Part 1

NOVEMBER 2008: Part 1
I've been taking too many pictures this month, so I reckon I'll split the Monthly-posting into two...

01 November 2008
@ Carrefour Suntec City with TonicBabe. Been there so often, but I never get tired over grocery-strolling~
spot some very interesting liqour at the Alcohol-section: "Girls only" drink~
dropped by Kallang Leisure on the way back and witnessed a card-stacking competition going on. Glenn Ong and Jean Danker were there as emcees~ made me wanna play too!
was there to pick up the Hatsune Miku & Kagamin Rin set I pre-ordered months ago...
and while I was there, picked up another random box of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" series of petite nendoroids by GoodSmile Company... and I got Yuki Nagato~!
was still wondering what the secret character look like...
but I was vying for "Kyon's Sister" actually. Kawaii deshou?
05 November 2008
@ Eastpoint NTUC with mum...

I never actually bother looking at leeks... thanks to Hatsune Miku, leeks are actually quite cool to hold... literally.
I am the official driver of the family... I'm responsible for driving anything with wheels... and that includes the supermart trolley...
06 November 2008
@ the coffeeshop near my place...

Chee Cheong Fun for breakfast... then to Changi Hospital for my medical appointment...
07 November 2008
Just done with my exam paper... stopped by the Caltex for a wash down...
@ Terminal 2's Sakae Sushi with mum... was there to fetch Dad, so might as well treat mum to some nice food~ when's the last time u gave ur mum a treat?
spotted some lobsters happily basking in the clean waters on the way out... "Gonna eat you one day" was what flashed past my mind then...
Flight was delayed and we hopped by the bookstores to idle some time away~ picked up Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"... a beautifully binded book... place it on your desk for an additional +250 INT and a 200 AOE aura for an increased 5% INT to the people around you...
Bird Nests... This month's haul...
08 November 2008
@ Defu Lane 12...
Here to view some Niigata engines with Dad...
and while I was snapping photos away... this fella sneaked up from behind and gave me a good sniffing... lucky thing I wasn't afriad of dogs... I had guessed the existence of something huge when I saw an empty and opened cage at the gates when I walked in...
well... I typically found myself at this kinda places whenever dad was around...
Back home...

Mum spent days picking out the feathers from a couple of Bird Nests so Dad will have some when he's back in town. No, I didn't gargle my mouth with this bowl of bird nest...
just a random picture of Pappy...
@ night...
Decided to try my hands on cooking one packet of these... had the cravings to eat... xD
Beautiful aren't they?
Bring to boil... add sugar... and they're ready to be served! Sup Sup Water~ so easy~ 2 for mum, 4 for dad, and 4 for me!
09 November 2008
@ Century Square
Dad was pretty much attracted to this money-grabbing booth... "Winners" step in and made a fool of themselves grabbing dollar-coupons as they were blown upwards from the floor... @ Crystal Jade Kitchen...
Family dinner~ I love tea... (but I love coffee more~!)
ordered for this set.... Peking Duck Shark Fin Seafood Set
the Sharkfin soup... (Honda's gonna be mad when he sees this.) What's your say? I dun support shark fin poaching... Shark fin has no taste per se, its the soup base thats tasty. But anyways, this fin belongs to a shark thats long dead, so I must make its death worthwhile... I personally will NOT buy sharkfin, but I guess this evil trade will be around for perhaps another 50 years~
the Peking Duck... skin wrapped in egg wraps... Nice~
Veggies. Yuck. (Just kidding. I eat Veggies; they're healthier).
More veggies. Yuck. Cereal Prawns! My favourite!
Eating one big spoonful of the cereals is customary...
Fly lice with craps and eights...
Fish. Too many bones... Yuck. ( >_< )
the rest of the peking duck... oh, for the record, I eat ducks meat, but I dun particularly like them.
The red bean dessert... was too full to have it at the restaument, so ta-bao back~ serving it in the traditional bowl makes it look more appetizing isn't it?
another random picture of Pappy...
11 November 2008
@ Defu Lane. Block 19.
This is the place to bulk-buy the "Phun Kueh" (literally Rice Kueh). Mum walked in. The boxes at the door are waiting to be filled. Inside, lotsa young employees were seen busy hand-making many kinds of kueh kueh.... Approach the only Aunty there to make your purchase. These are sold at only $0.70 each. So much cheaper than what you can get elsewhere.
Coming down from the Bartley East exit of KPE, this bridge overhead is meeting the other end... Gonna make a separate post with a "before and after". (Note: Please do not take photographs while driving). @ Clark Quay
Paid to be fooled by this Gelato-man. xD
Took a S$15 boat ride to tour the Singapore River... was a windy evening...
Fullerton Hotel from a distance...
Fullerton Hotel up close... The Merlion. There are 3 Merlion statues in Singapore. I will tell you where they are if you ask me. The Integrated Resorts in the making... (yea, we sailed pretty far out the Singapore River...)
The Singapore Flyer...
Marina Square...
The Esplanade...
The Central... @ Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel...
Durian Puree... ate 2 bowls ... worth every dollar spent... WILL GO BACK TO EAT AGAIN~!
12 November 2008
@ Kitchen.
Oh, have I mentioned before that I have a rabbit?
@ Big Market.
Its the 15th of the lunar month. So I was there with mum to buy some flowers...
and since we're at the market... I became the porter for mum...
Mum asked for some portion of pork~
then we bought some Yong Tau Foo...
Then its to the fish stalls... (oh just to reinstate. I carry EVERYTHING. Mum's only responsible to hold her purse, thats how good a porter I am. ^_^ ) I'm only familiar with Pomfrets~ (^_^ )
Beside the fish stall... spotted a basket of frogs... HUGE frogs... each is about 3/4 of my palm.
Then its off to the little NTUC branch near the market... spotted some "Australian Blood Oranges"...
They all looked like this... like "Orh-Cheaa-Kek-Hway" like that... ugly.
Back home...
Was tasked to fill the offering-plates with the flowers we bought off the market... the Jasmine flowers smell so nice~
then its to decorate the alter of the 4-faced-Buddha right outside at my corridor...
The base was filled full of jasmine buds... then the bigger flowers goes above.... These are REAL flowers hor~
Love the Micro function of my new-found Canon camera...
Never really seen a green orchid before though... @ night...

At the multi-junction of Tampines Ave 7 and Loyang Ave... on the way to Changi Village on a rainy night...
to buy Tim Sum!
Mum mentions she wanted to eat some Char Siew Baos... and I love the buns from Changi Village... I always buy a dozen of these back home. Cold ones. So they can go into the refrigerator. Next morning = Char Siew Baos for breakfast!
13 November 2008
@ Fu Lu Shou building at Waterloo street... dry goods in the basement... Huge store...
@ Lucky Plaza on a Thursday afternoon....
This place is never this empty on the weekends... was there for CK Tang... but I apparently missed the carpark for CK Tang and ended up turning into Lucky Plaza's carpark instead. Its carpark was so filled that I had to turn 7 storeys up before finding a lot... dizzy ( 0.o )
@ CK Tang's basement.
The place is pretty much decorated with Xmas stuffs already....
at a corner shelf of CK Tang, you can find many Chi-Na porcelain-dolls of these "comrades"... and a figure strikingly resembling that of Mr. Mao...
Meanwhile... mum's pretty stuck at the Wok demonstration counter with lotsa other aunties...
@ Giants Supermart off Tampines...
Dad talking cock and singing song with the Durian seller... Buy one packet get two packet free. Bought alot of packets... had... too... many... durians... this... week...
Bought a trolley for mum, since the current one is almost de-commissioning... S$12.99 each. Placed Pappy in and pushed him around the moment I got home with this...
@ Century Square. Was there to visit Five-Stars Tour agency to pick up some travel flyers. Then remembered my brother told me that Street Fighter 4 is released and the arcade atop Century Square has a unit... sat down and trashed the fella beside me.
14 November 2008
@ Terminal 2 (again)... to pick up TonicBabe. KL meeting.
Then its Sakae Sushi again~ xD I love Japanese Food.
Hot and spicy kimuchi beef soup. I still can't figure out why the paper before doesn't burn...
15 November 2008
@ Suntec City. There was an home electronics cum food fair... bought an African Kabab, sold by an African... ^_^
Hmm... tasty~ Next, over the Singtel Xmas fair... 2 Kawaii Sony Ericsson mascot. The fair was a failure.
Later in the evening... sent dad and mum to Grand Hyatt for a wedding dinner... while I drove away from Orchard road towards Novena (I HATE Orchard Road....).
@ Velocity
Burger King's Mushroom Swiss Double meal for S$6.65. Dinner. All time favourite. Oh, I am a fast-food junkie.
Oh, do visit Velocity soon. They'v made an ice-skating rink there... what you see below are the metal stripes beneath... pour water and start up the compressor and you'll have an ice rink in no time~
Here're the information... Back at Orchard... Dad and Mum finished dinner and I fetch them home again (yea I waiting like 4 hours for them... Good boy eh?) Orchard Road's pretty much lighted up with all the Xmas lightings. xD and my Honda Fit is the best car to be in to enjoy the view...

(alrite~ thats alot of pictures for just 2 weeks.... stay tuned for the next half ya~!)

3 comments:

dias said...

Wow Singapore tour?? Hehe. So u got ur canon cam from the cash converter?? Time for some toys pics!!

[Q] said...

Yea, Singapore Tour. Nope, not yet. All these pictures are either taken using my HTC Diamond or a Canon Powershot SD850 (8MP Digital camera)... which I picked up in a cab... =p

dias said...

Haha Can't wait for ur SLP cam to take all ur toys!! Be sure to update when u got ur new cam!! D90 rocks can take video!!