Saturday, February 09, 2008

Spring Cleaning: Memories...

Was STILL cleaning out my stuffs on Chinese New Year Eve (yes, very last minute...) and I came across some of my very old old photos...

I promised my friends that I will show them this picture of me when I was little; that even before the Armani's spiky hairstyle got popular, I was already spotting a spiky hairstyle during my primary school days... "Been there, done that...".

This picture was taken in October 1992, and I'm the fella in that grey jacket (yep, I love wearing jackets since young). It was Randy's birthday, and that's Wendy, Randy's kid sister, who has since grown into quite a looker already. Oh, did I mention that we were at the MacDonald's outlet at Tampines Interchange?


Oh! Talking about hairstyles, I guess not many of you have seen me Botak before rite? Here's me posing with a newly launched 宝八茶 (then). Was taking a break from my BMT's 16km road-march. My uniform was soaked with my perspiration, hence the darker shade. (and before this, steam was rising from my sweaty uniform due to the humidity deeper inside the forest).

These batch of pictures were taken during my Passing Out Parade, from basic military training.
We marched since day-break to complete our 24km road-march... and before this final march-in into the parade square infront of the audience, we had already changed into a new clean set of uniform some 2 km away (it got soaked again anyways).


Mum and sis were there. Mum put on my jockey cap for me...
and the guests were invited back to their seats after helping their sons wear their jockey caps...
then a moment of silence...


then they declared us "SOLDIERS"! and we threw our caps high up into the sky~

then its the frantic "find-back-your-own-cap-or-end-up-wearing-someone-else's-smelly-cap".
Ta-dah~! Thats me, a qualified soldier! Promoted from "Chao" Recruit to Private!
Last photos with my army buddies... (I'm right in the centre with the thumbs up)...
and after this photos, we ran off to toss our sergeants into the air...

Then I was posted into the Air Force... Fly plane? Nah~~ More like "Bangladesh Workers"... Oh, in case you are doubting, that was really me up there in that Caterpillar 950B Wheel Loader (they die die want me to wear that face mask, to my disappointment). Was posing for Pioneer magazine shot. And my sergeant wasn't giving the thumbs up because I was good, that was a hand-signal for "Lift". I can operate a handful of different types of civil engineering plants. ( ^_^)v

No comments: