Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rubik's Cube

12 February 2008
13:15hrs: Bought it for S$1.00 at a local toy store...
13:18: Got Honda to mess it up...

Note: this Rubik'c Cube is not the sticker type, just so you know...

This little toy brought back lotsa memories... I used to have one when I was little... Cheated by replacing the stickers cuz I could never solve it... (I believe some of you out there did the same thing rite~?)

Well, it was at a CNY Taiwanese variety show where I witness this young chap solved the cube within 35 seconds... YES! 35 seconds! Right it front of the camera and tens of thousands of TV audiences! I was so impressed I made up my mind to want to try this puzzle again...

Will I succeed?

Below taken from Wikipedia...

Rubik's Cube is a mechanical puzzle invented in 1974[1] by the Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture Ernő Rubik. Originally called the "Magic Cube" by its inventor, this puzzle was renamed "Rubik's Cube" by Ideal Toys in 1980 [1] and also won the 1980 German Game of the Year (Spiel des Jahres) special award for Best Puzzle. It is said to be the world's best-selling toy, with some 300,000,000 Rubik's Cubes and imitations sold worldwide.[2]

No comments: