Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Services in Japan Part 1

services - MAID CAFES
Was at Bugis Junction's V8 Cafe for lunch with Honda, Thomas, MJ, CM, and Xiao P... when Honda spotted a couple of Maids cosplayers at a nearby table and was seemingly amazed by their dressing.
(Below dialogue is made-up... didn't quite remember the 100% of it...)
Honda: Why would people dress like that?
Me: Cosplayers... For fun...
Honda: Does all Jap girls wear like this?
Me: ... ... well no... only when cosplaying and cafes... maido-cafes...

So here I am, with a little attempt at "consolidating information" from various sources covering the kinda services you can get in Japan, beginning with "Maids". (Gonna break it into several parts so I dun exhaust myself... and I haven found any reasons to cover "cosplayers" yet).

Below: Maids handling out pamplets...

I have never been to Akihabara, so I dun wanna portray myself as "know everything", but I suppose its safe to say "pictures tells a thousand words..." so I shall talk less and post more pictures~ (^___^)

its not difficult to spot a maid cafe...

I can't read Japanese (yet), but I suppose I can make out what that little lightbox at the bottom right is trying to indicate...
I definitely think the below is not in Japan... 食字路口 tells of Taiwan origin... but the chinese word "港" would deemed it Hong Kong... anyways, open concept cafes are just NOT Jap.
I will find it hard to resist not checking out this cafe if I am walking along the streets in Japan...
Have I mentioned that these maid costumes are of French origin? I wun be surprised to find the cafe to look french... Probably the closest Japanese-French style cafe you can find in Singapore is Ma Maison...
can't really make out the prices on the menu... and picture belows seems like they really made you feel at home by providing indoor-slippers...
Do people REALLY patronise such cafes? Why dun we take a look at the queues...

This picture is solid evidence that maid cafes are not solely patronised by male customers...

Been trying to figure out how the below picture is taken when you can't see the camera-man nor any camera-stands through the mirror...

No comments: