Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day at Work 4

Beach Festival @ Velocity
Been super busy with work that I've no time to post my blog entries...
here's what I was tied up with last month...

22 May 2008: To turn this multi-purpose court into a beach court.

12:30pm: My productions crew laying the groundworks here...


10:30pm: Uncle Ah-Gu - my carpeter, looking through my layout with my colleague...
First time driving my Rav4 up onto the shopping mall grounds and parking there...
Ah-Gu gets to work...
my productions crews helping out...
11:00pm: the court slowly takes shape...
23 May 2008
4:30pm: Uncle Ah-Miaw spent the afternoon basking in the sun and painted the entire court...
10:30pm: my productions crew working on the court drainage...
11:00pm: Ordered 200 tonnes of sand... my heavy-plant marshalling experience in-camp came in handy here
11:30pm: Ah-Neh starts working on the mini-excavator...
thats Adam Ng, Associate Producer from Mega Media, here to film the process...
24 May 2008
12:00am: Ah-Neh continues his work...
1:30am... still there... this is my designated parking lot on Velocity's grounds; only point of entry is from cross-junction and up the kerb from the left...
4:30am: Sealed up the court; Ah-Neh's excavator also ran outta diesel... time to head home to zzz...
25 May 2008
10:30am: scheduled for Mrs Lim's crew to move in for the tentage structure...
her crew is professional...
see that steel ladder that fella is on? He makes the ladder walk sideways, without coming down from above, by shifting his body-weight... how entertaining~!
11:30am: Setting up the safety nettings...
12:00pm: its done!
a view from level 2... the sand surface's still messy; gotta send some guys to comb it...
27 May 2008
10:00pm: Inside Velocity preparing to hang up a gigantic banner... I was upstairs with the technician and their remote control... notice there is this winch hanging from above? its operated by a remote control and coil in and out from way~~~ above...
and up it goes~
10:30pm: my productions crew giving the glass doors a nice vinyl sticker makeover...
11:00pm: How the beach court looks at night...
meanwhile... my productions crew was preparing this huge wooden frame banner...
11:30pm: to hang over the parapet... steady ... steady... up abit there... down a bit here... hold!

Ok! Tie!and a 2nd one goes up...
30 May 2008

5:30pm: Borrowed a set of Volleyball nettings from Volleyball Association of Singapore (VAS) to fix up here...
the rest of the productions crew hanging the banner above... all round...
THIS IS WHAT I CALL SATISFACTION...
gotten pretty used to driving my Rav4 up the kerb and onto Velocity's grounds... free parking...
always got lotsa stare from the customers at Harry's when I drove in and stepped out of my car...
01 June 2008
2nd day of the Event... Women's open... (thats why I am there... kekeke)
Adam's crew is there filming as well~
lotsa babes~

Fashion Show at Velocity
03 June 2008
8:30pm Got a very long lorry to load up lotsa lotsa materials... moving a team into Velocity again for setup..
10:30pm: My carpeters working on the foundational structures...
My stage and runway slowly taking shape...
11:30pm: Up with the rustic backdrop first...
04 June 2008
1:00am: then the runway...
2:00am: and its 95% completed! Rest is just a little touch up...
and here's a preview of the supposedly Fashion Show... I couldn't be at the Fashion Show over the weekend because I have to be at another event site... thats Romeo, our deputy productions manager, one of the craziest people I've ever known...

Soccer Competition
10 June 2008
... and the court gets transformed into a soccer court...

No comments: