Sunday, June 29, 2008

30 June 2008

29 June 2008

Just another sunday... Its actually another of my work day as well...
(yep, I work 7 days a week... be very honoured if you can actually catch me for a meal or coffee, becuz I only have "that~~" little time and I am giving it to you ya?

Tip 1: the more "last min" u look me up, the easier u will get me.)

Below's a video clip of a traffic accident scene along AYE, after Lower Delta's exit... this #$%&* accident jammed up the expressway for a freaking 30mins, while I was rushing to Boon Lay for a site visit, and I was stuck here from 3:20 - 3:50pm and having to rush back Little India area first, then to Changi Airport to see a buddy off to Australia by 5:00pm. (Guess how fast I drove?)


The accident took place right after the tree-pruning on lane 1. So the accident blocked up lane 2 as well... and the entire expressway was left with just the 3rd lane. And I was stuck in the jam for a distance of THREE expressway entries (not exit!); that is ALOT of cars flowing into the already jammed expressway! Hence the 30 mins drag...

Tip 2: Do NOT attempt to take pictures / videos while driving; I'm trained, your're not.
Tip 3: Whenever you see the expressways LED signboards notifying about Tree-Pruning or Roadworks along the expressway, always filter to the extreme opposite lanes away from the designated lanes the roadworks are gonna be carried out ahead.

I have personally seen 3 accident scenes whenever there are roadworks. And amongst these 3, I have witnessed 1 of the accidents taking place right ahead of me as I drove past the involved cars (chain-collison... scary). This is because there are lotsa idiotic drivers who only filter away from the supposedly closed lanes at the very last min...
and there will be that very 1 last car that doesn't have enough time to brake...

Tip 4: Buying handphones? Go to No. 158, Race Course Road. You will find this "NARANJANMOBILEPTELTD" (Yea its ONE word; see picture below... kekeke)... sells handsets without lines, without contracts... all sorts of models available (most). You will also find DVD players, Camcorders, PSPs, Apple Ipod... all sorts of latest gadgets inside. I bought a $38 Nokia phone from there... simple handphone, no camera, good to bring in-camp.

If you have noticed, the shop is so~~~ crowded, the BOSS have to stand above the counter to do business. No cash registers; the fellas over the counter have THICK WADS of CASH in their pockets. Everything is cash and carry.

Below: still lotsa ppl trying to squeeze into the shop...
Tip 5: Just avoid going there on sunday evenings...


No comments: